Saturday, May 31, 2008

Armor Party

Troop #2

Last Armor Party before Star Wars Weekends 08'!

I was told that during SWW even industrial strength Velcro lets go because of the heat so I wanted to get everything done that needed to be tip top. Mobus & Disney Deb threw the AP at their place. I was going to drive from my place to northern Florida, sleep in my car, do an official troop at a convention, and then drive straight back in order to get my one more troop in to meet SWW trooping requirements. Let me tell you...I'm very thankful to Mobus and his family to this day.

So after all the time panicking over the "frown" line on the helmet I've decided to take off the compulsively placed sticker, file out the nostrils, and paint the remaining ABS with gray to allow more airflow. I am also going to install some small 1.5 inch computer case fans inside the helmet. These fans are going to run off of two 9-volt batteries. Also, where I am drilling nostril holes into the face, I am going to place a strip of black screen behind so it still looks like solid black but allows air circulation. One wouldn't want a Storm Trooper passing out in front of children. This may scar them.

Sheila, Mobus, Allison and I worked on my costume. We even got Allison suited up in a Snow Trooper costume. WIN.










No comments:

Post a Comment