Sunday, May 18, 2008

Helmet Completion

Stage II of putting together the helmet was by far the most nerve racking. Why? Funny enough with all the armor that covers a Storm Trooper the most identifiable part is the face area or helmet. So being that this would be the focal point of viewers all of the details needed to be perfect or at least near perfect as possible.

So after having 2 beers and working up the nerve to possibly destroy the most important part of my costume, I sacked up and went to work. The visor/lens was provided by another member named Tony (Drolmag) instead of me having to use the bubbled lenses that mine came with. The decals are really easy to apply being that they are simply adhesive stickers. But this also means once you place them, that's it. So 11 cigarettes and 3 beers later, my TK bucket was complete and ready for some cleaning with the one and only Novus.

Only after completing it and looking at it did it finally hit me of how awesome this costume looks. I won't lie...I kept the bucket on my living room coffee table for about 4 days straight just staring at it. Star Wars has been a part of my life pretty much since I was born. Now I get to become a part of it in a way that benefits others.



No comments:

Post a Comment